Remembering 11/12

It was a fine morning when I woke up this morning. It was raining the night before and the morning air was cold and crisp. I remember being on holiday in London one winter and being told by the hotel receptionist that the weather was good when it was so terribly cold and terribly crisp outside. It was different here at home. Perhaps, it was the tropical environment which gave one a different perception. Anyway, a fine weather would prop up anyone's mood anywhere. Having looking forward to a Liu Chia Chang's concert which was scheduled to be in TV on the 12th of September, I had then asked my niece for the date. It was 11/9, she said; and that reminded me immediately of the day the Islamist militant group al-Qaeda hijacked four passenger jets and intentionally crashed two into the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center in New York City. Some people could just spoil our day!

Comments