A Traveller's Tale: Little Taiwan

Of course, if you are not interested in looking at buildings when in Kuala Lumpur, take a ride to the suburbs. Even before night fell, my nephew took me to a night market in Sungai Long, Kajang and there I could practically brush shoulders with the locals. There are many open air night markets all over Malaysia but the one in Sungai Long caters mostly to the Chinese especially students from Tunku Abdul Rahman (TAR) College, or so my nephew said. The vendors too are mostly Chinese and a number of them sell quite interesting snacks, very unlike the ones we had back home in Taiping. Those snacks, the signs they displayed said, are Taiwanese snacks and I suddenly had this idea: You could be in a foreign country even when you are right at home!


Care for a snack?






Comments