A Traveller's Tale: Dropping off and Picking up

After having dim sum in Ipoh, Mau Wei did not immediately drive me to Penang. First, of course, she would have to drive me north to Simpang. She dropped me off there and I travelled to Taiping while the rest travelled in the opposite direction to their homes in Kuala Sepetang. Mau Wei was to pick up her mother there too and at about two, I was back in Simpang, waiting for Mau Wei to pick me up. I remember the road to be terribly congested and the journey to Simpang to be terribly slow that day since a by-election was being held in Bukit Gantang . After that, it was not straight to Penang as I'd like. It was first to Tambun in Penang where we had lunch and Mau Wei's mother was dropped off. Then, it was to Thuan Hee's house in Green Lane, Penang Island where he was picked up. Finally, it was to my hotel in Batu Feringghi. We had a respite there, walking the beach and then Mau Wei and Thuan Hee had to go and naturally, Mau Wei who was returning to Tambum would have to drop off Thuan Hee in Green Lane. Life indeed is a series of dropping off and picking up!


A Respite in Batu Feringghi, Penang...

















Comments

Liudmila said…
My dream is to live in a place like this. Near that beach. To have the possibility to go swimming and to walk in a sort of forest.
footiam said…
It's nice to live by the beach but living in the mountain should be just as nice. We can't have them all!