A Traveller's Tale: Two Hills

Just outside Sungai Siput there was a lovely green hill with a sharp tip which my nephew said looks like a lion and the locals call it Lion Hill. I couldn't see the lion but there were definitely oil palms being planted on its slope. The hill actually reminded me of the Italian movie which ex-James Bond girl, Ursula Andress acted in, The Mountain of the Cannibals but part of that movie was shot on location in Batu Caves and that was in Kuala Lumpur. Another hill closer home was the one near Padang Rengas, the little town 15 km away from Kuala Kangsar. I remember to have seen a beautiful limestone hill here but now there's just half a hill left. There is a major Korean cement manufacturing complex still in operation here and probably the hill they cut is the Gunung Pondok , the hill that was created, according to local folklore, by the curse of Sang Kelembai, a sort of local witch. Well, I don't know but when we reached home, it was almost six and it was pouring. Perhaps, the Gods are crying for the scarred hills...

A hill in Sungai Siput...




Half a Hill in Padang Rengas...





Comments

Liudmila said…
Very interesting form has that first hill. I've never seen so perfect "design".
footiam said…
It's just a small hill and I have seen it for as long as I could remember