Sense and Sensibility

Food should not just be appetising but they must be a delight to the eyes. I love it when my niece cooks up a storm in her kitchen. I do not just get to eat but the goodies she churns out are simply a joy to look at. That makes me wonder about bread in horrendous forms in the shape of human feet or hands sold in a bakery featured in an old post of mine. I am beginning to doubt if the bakery exists. Who in the right mind would want to eat human feet or hands even though they are fakes? Does that not tell of a sick and violent mind? In a world where we have freedom to choose, perhaps we should choose something sensible. That is even when we are trying to please our senses...

Dumplings from my niece's kitchen...




Comments

Liudmila said…
Poor woman! To cook these quantities to eat... Maybe you are numerous in the family. But she is sooooo brave!
footiam said…
it's not bad; Liudmila. My niece loves to do what she did. Sometimes, she bakes just to give away and once a while, cooks up a feast to surprise her mom during birthdays. I am just lucky to be around
Liudmila said…
Sure, there are persons that adore to cook. I had a period when I cooked 2 torts a day everyday or made marmelades all the summer long (with this hot!). After my student years I had this wish to cook. But generally I don't like it and envy persons that are cooks from God.
footiam said…
I think cooking is hard work but I like this idea of someone cooking for the children because of his or her love for them but then of course, life does not work that way. Many times, people don't even appreciate things done; you just get to hear people complain about food not well done or burnt and then, there is the washing to do.