Merry Christmas! It' Christmas Eve!

A special Christmas party at the Genting International Convention Centre themed Your Christmas Wish Comes True for 400 underpriviledged children had been launched by Genting Group chairman and chief executive Tan Sri Lim Kok Thay’s wife Puan Sri Cecilia Lim and the news just jerked me a little. It's Christmas Eve today and all I did these past few days was just thinking about Diwali or Deepavali, a festive season of the Hindus, already over and done with this year, and I was also brooding about the approaching Chinese New Year, which falling on 26 to 27, January next year, seems to come too early. As far as I could remember, it always falls on a February. Anyway, Christmas could have slipped my mind because it is just a low key festival over here where I am living and you only get to see signs of it through the Christmas decorations in clubs or supermarkets and normally, the decorations are not as grand as those in big cities like Kuala Lumpur to deserve a second look . As for Diwali, well, it was on my mind because I had been planning on posting some of the Diwali decorations they had in Taiping Sentral last November. I simply love the colourful Kolam the Hindus made out of coloured rice...It's great to be living among people of other cultures; you'd get to see something different all the times...

Christmas Decoration at Chinese Recreation Club (CRC) in Taiping...


Kolam Decorations during Diwali in Taiping Sentral...








Comments

Liudmila said…
Rice and sand pictures are great! But I liked the balls-figure on the previous photo. In Salerno there are lamp-pictures made with the PET-bottles.
footiam said…
would love to see the lamp-pictures!