Politeness and Promptness


Just this morning, I received an SMS from MAXIS, said to be Malaysia's most popular network which provides mobile interactive services including ringtones, graphics, SMS, and Islamic services. The message read: Your Caller Ringtones , will be renewed on 11/12/2008. If you wish to cancel, reply NOCRT to 2990. That reminded me: In November, I received an SMS from the company offering me a free ringtone. The offer was valid before 6/11 and since it was way before the dateline, I playfully replied the message, thinking that I would get a free ringtone. I did get one but it was only after the dateline and I was charged RM 10, and as far as I was concerned; that was quite an exorbitant price. So, I guess with the latest message, I would just cancel the ringtone. I did just that and the next message was almost immediate: Your Caller Ringtonetermination request will be processed within 24 hours. Please wait for SMS confirmation. Thank You. I suppose that's the way big company does business and reap big rewards. With politeness and selective promptness. Thanks to modern technology.

Comments