Crocodile Tears

Found this cartoon in Lunar Whispers, a blog owned by Richard James. It reminds me of a crocodile and the tears it supposedly sheds when devouring its prey. A crocodiles however does not cry. It lacks tear ducts. It however has lachrymal glands capable of secreting a fluid which will only be visible when the crocodile is out of the water for a prolonged period of time. Today, crocodile tears comes to mean fake tears, a false or insincere weeping suggesting a hypocritical display of emotions. This phrase was first used during the 16th century by Edmund Grindal, Archbishop of York and of Canterbury. People in the good ol' days were not really good, I suppose...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi good friend,

I've just added a link to your blog Beautiful World in my blogroll. If you could link to Lunar Whispers at: http://lunarwhispers.co.uk/blog/ that would be great.

Richard James
fwidman said…
ROFL! What a great cartoon! I will add your blog to my sidebar, and would be happy if you could link to my blog which is at
http://fwidman.blogono.com/

Have a great day :)
footiam said…
Thanks Richard and fwidman!
Hazel said…
hello, just drop by..
Anonymous said…
people in the good day were not really good. yes i agreed this as people in the bad day were not really bad too.. right ?
footiam said…
Thanks hazel for dropping by. Do come often!
footiam said…
I suppose so! cheerfulday!