Buying Toys For Tots


Oh! My nephew bought a cute white toy zebra for his little two-year-old niece when he went to Pulau Langkawi. It had black stripes and very, very short legs . My nephew has always fancy cute toys. As a child, I remember him collecting miniature toys and he still likes them today, often reminding me not to throw away those tiny plastic soldiers that he used to play with when he was little and which I sometimes, found annoying especially when they were scattered in the drawer. We would like to think that the toy zebra would bring joy to the little girl but surprise! The latter had not even given it a second look after first laying her eyes on it. I was further taken aback when I asked for the zebra . The little girl had gladly given it to me and when I asked why she didn't like the toy, she had said that the legs were too short. Most probably, she could not have a comfortable piggy ride on the back of the zebra since her legs are comparatively very long. That goes to say that when buying toys for tots, spare some thoughts! See from the child's angle!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I have posted new story: The Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity. Wielka Orkiestra Świątecznej Pomocy. /Version polish and english/ - WOŚP - Wielka Orkiestra Świątecznej Pomocy - The Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity is the biggest and most prosperous charity organization in Poland ; more :
http://himalman.wordpress.com/2008/01/10/the-great-orchestra-of-christmas-charity-wielka-orkiestra-swiatecznej-pomocy-version-polish-and-english/ ;
Please copy and paste this post on your site. This is very important for me !! Have a fabulous weekend!! -himalman :)