Envisioning Beauty - Beauties on Walls

The beauties on the walls of New Delhi Qutab Minar certainly filled me with awe when I first laid my eyes on them. New Delhi Qutab Minar, the 239ft sandstone tower is undoubtedly the largest tower in India. This magnificent tower which is also an Indo-Islamic architectural wonder , stands in the Qutab Complex located at Aurabindo Marg, near Mehrauli, 14 Km south of Connaught place in Delhi. Historically, it was King Qutubuddin Aibak of Slave dynasty who had laid the foundation of the Qutab Minar in 1199, adjoining the Quwwat-ul-Islam mosque, to proclaim the victory of Islam, after the defeat of the last Hindu kingdom in Delhi. The tower has survived a series of lightning bolts and earthquakes during the past centuries.Today, it has a slight tilt, but the beauties on those walls are still there. There are always beautiful things on the walls. Would you mind taking a photograph of the walls of your room perhaps, and post them to show the beauties there? This is a meme for anyone who cares to join. Just click and leave your link here so that I could get back and have a peep at the beauties on your walls.
















Comments

Anonymous said…
Beautiful images. Since my second passion is WoodCarving I can appreciate the work that was involved in these works of art. Great photography in capturing the detail.
~JD
Anonymous said…
Good idea to photograph beauty and post. As you may know, I find beauty in flowers, especially the ones at my home.
footiam said…
Oh! You love woodcarving, uneasy supplicant! Great!
footiam said…
Thanks Keli for leaving a comment. I like the flowers in your home too!
Liudmila said…
I'm always surprised when I see this type of work. Sometimes you leave the head and forget everything watching these creations. But most interesting is to understand what they meen, this creations. Why are they made in this and not other way. I learned it when I learned about medieval paleochristian art in Salerno. When you understand, you see completly other thing for you.
footiam said…
Some of the beauties you see here are from holy scriptures.