Transparency

No, the transparency that I meant here is not as in the transparency in law often hyped by the local media. And it is no wonder- lack of transparency often breeds corruption which brings devastating impact on people. But let, Transparency International, the global civil society organization do the job in bringing the people of the world together against corruption. Meanwhile, just hear this: A see-through glass or crystal frog , Hyalinobatrachium pellucidum is among the 15 species of creatures and plants found in Nangaritza Protected Forest in Ecuador. You could just see the guts of this frog -literally! In this world, there is some transparency yet!


Have fun viewing some of these transparent creatures....










Comments

Shankha said…
These are really great photos. Nice informative blog indeed.
Nomad said…
a frog with transparent skin is about as appealing to me as a hairless cat, no offense to the frog, of course, it's still a cool discovery
footiam said…
Thanks and welcome, Shanka!
footiam said…
I don't think I like the sight of a transparent frog myself.
Liudmila said…
Incredibly! You forgot a transparent fish. If i'm right it's name was fish-mirror. But it was many years ago and I can not remember the name.
footiam said…
I have seen a live transparent aquarium fish a long, long time ago but only once!
Liudmila said…
We have to refresh our memories. I feel bad in the last period and do not open my PC but when I'll feel better I'll try to find it and to write about it.
footiam said…
Looking forward to that!