A Traveller's Tale: Heaven is a place in Penang!

In a tropical country, it is sometimes nice to just take a stroll in shopping malls for these places are fully air-conditioned and offer respite from the intense heat of the tropical sun. And that was true too even in a tropical paradise like Penang where tourists throng to. I could never understand the foreign tourists whom I had seen lying on Ferringhi Beach under the blazing hot sun just to tan their bodies. I don't suppose they would hang around Queensbay Mall like me and find bliss, too. It was really heaven when I called up Thuan Hee who came and we had a herbal drink in the foodcourt. Later, before Eng Lai came and picked me up, we even had teh tarik at the Mamak shop across the road. As Belinda Carlisle sang, Heaven is a place on earth and at that particular moment, heaven was in Penang! By the way, teh tarik is a type of tea and Mamak refers to Indian Muslims in Malaysia.



At Queensbay Mall, Penang...







The Food Court at Queensbay Mall...









Teh Tarik...


Comments

Liudmila said…
I do not understand the beach-lovers too, but after all the cold ofthis winter I stay with great pleasure in the sun. When we have it, because it's raining else very often...
footiam said…
Over here, we have the sun all year round; and I suppose we take it for granted!
Liudmila said…
Oh yes, we do not appreciate what we have.
footiam said…
I appreciate you visiting my blogs and your comments! Thanks!
footiam said…
Just trying to say that I appreaciate all that I have!