A Traveller's Tale: Forgotten Rendezvous:

It was one of those bread days.Eng Lai told me that he would be going to Penang on an assignment in a week's time. Being based in Kuala Lumpur, he would thus have to drive up north, from the capital to the Pearl of the Orient. I could not remember how the idea came up but Eng Lai would make a detour to Taiping on that day to pick me up so that we could go to the island resort together. Then, one Friday, just when I had forgotten all about the rendezvous, my cellphone suddenly rang and there was Eng Lai's voice, saying that he would pick me up at one p.m. Thus, began my day trip to Penang where Eng Lai had later, dropped me at Penang's Queensbay Mall while he attended to his chores...It was fun to be dropped off sometime!



A day at Queensbay Mall, Penang...








Comments

Liudmila said…
I look at these your photos just different times and like them very much (I could not write because my PC did not open comment pages)- They are very joyful.
footiam said…
The first picture is outside the mall, it overlooks the sea and there is an island called Pulau Jerejak a short distance. Inside, the chinese lanterns are part of the Chinese New Year celebrations and the last picture are paper lanterns on sale. There were many other interesing things on sale there which I did not post.
Liudmila said…
Do it in other posts.