Beauty Tips for the MInd



Ah! The fair lady, the late Audrey Hepburn, Belgian-born, Dutch-raised actress of British and Dutch ancestry! In all my life, I have watched just three of her movies, including the The Fair Lady of course which in 1964, was said to be the most anticipated movie since Gone with the Wind.I heard her sang Moon River in Breakfast at Tiffany's and thought she looked extremely elegant with George Peppard but it was actually the black and white movie, Children's Hour, with Shirley MacLaine and James Garner that I really liked, this dark disturbing movie where a child's lies about the lesbian relationship between two women teachers and the shallow minds of the community of adults who believed and supported the child managed to destroy the teachers' careers, relationships and lives.
A poem purportedly written by Audrey Hepburn during her funeral goes:
For attractive lips,

speak words of kindness...
For lovely eyes,

seek out the good in people.

For a slim figure,

share your food with the hungry.

For beautiful hair,

let a child run his/her fingers through it once a day.

For poise
,
walk with the knowledge that you never walk alone...
I thought that was Beauty Tips for the mind!

Comments

HalfCrazy said…
Omg lol! The first time I saw Audrey was in Breakfast At Tiffany's and I instantly fell in love with her! Well not a lesbian love (lol) but admiration!

I would look out for The Fair Lady. I loved Gone With The Wind (the movie and the book!)

Thanks for sharing the poem! Loved it.

Much Love,
footiam said…
Catch the Children's Hour too if you can. It's a haunting movie!
Liudmila said…
Specially that about sharing the food I liked...
footiam said…
I like everything! My friend here like it too and has included it in his Facebook!