A Traveller's Tale: Leaving Kuala Kangsar

After having done his work, my nephew called me and I had him picked me up near the children playground by the River of Perak. You haven't seen the Sultan's Palace, have you? I asked and teased. My nephew had been to Kuala Kangsar many times but it was always on an assignment. Kuala Kangsar is just a little town and while it boasts of a long historical past, perhaps even with the first rubber tree in Malaysia, the Hevea braziliensis, brought by the British, H.N. Ridley still alive and kicking somewhere near the police station, it is actually a small town even by Malaysian standard and is rather inconspicuous to many. But for first timers who visit this royal town, it would be a relief that you would just have to take a short car ride by the river of Perak, make a round of the little area there , and you would get to see the beautiful Ubudiah Mosque and the Royal Mausoleum, the Istana Kenangan or Old Palace which now serves as the Perak Royal museum and the Istana Iskandariah or Royal Palace. It would be nice too to take a ride there with someone you love and care and that was what I did...

The children playground..

... Ubudiah Mosque where the Royal Mausoleum stands...



...The Old Palace...



...The Royal Palace...


...Leaving Kuala Kangsar...

Comments

Liudmila said…
:-))) seems that it's something to study astronomy...
footiam said…
Astronomy? It's something ? I don't see your point.
Liudmila said…
Excuse me, I wanted to say, these buildings are similar to those where they study the stars in the night sky.
footiam said…
We don't have that here .