A Traveller's Tale: Sea Urchins on your palms

Probably you have seen a green sea urchin or a red or purple one but in Pangkor Island, I saw a black one. It would be fun to have one on your palm but if you were to step on one, you'd cry tears of pain. Pangkor Island is an excellent place for swimming but beware of some places which are infested with these spiny creatures. I heard Hongkies eat them but in Pangkor Island they are a nuisance. If you step on one though, don't forget to slap your sole with your slipper. Slapping isn't such a bad thing when it soothes!

Sea Urchins!




Comments

Liudmila said…
Nnnnice creature... I saw them in Acquarium in Genoa when they were the main plate for the marine stars.
footiam said…
Main plate for the marine stars? You mean, they are served as food?
Liudmila said…
I'll try to tell: there was a wall made as aquarium there. Inside there were only stars and these, urchins. And there were mountains of urchin's rests on the "floor" of that aquarium. Equal mountains of the rests as on the photo of spider on the window in my post. Impressive view it was...
footiam said…
I see. I keep thinking about food since I heard that these creatures are edible.
Liudmila said…
I understood, you will never become an Arhat. You are thinking too much about food in the last months... ;-)))
footiam said…
I guess so but an Arhat must eat too! And shit!
Liudmila said…
Ffuuuu... You become to much naturalistic...
footiam said…
guess so! Also realistic!