A Traveller's Tale: Pangkor Island, A Tropical Paradise

Was it just June this year that I found myself in Pangkor Island? I have heard that Joan Collins, the bitchy vixen from Dynasty, had been to this island once and no wonder, the island off the coast of Perak in North West Malaysia is a tropical paradise. I remember frollicking in the sun with my cousins and friends and getting all sun burned in Pasir Bogak Beach during my younger days, and then there was also those tintillating moments when I had to hike through a jungle just to camp on a quiet beach near the Dutch Fort with Mrs. Pang and her husband. Yes, it was in June this year that I had the opportunity to visit Pangkor Island again and was I surprised! The jetty in Lumut where I was to take a ferry to Lumut had had a facelift! It looks more polished and there are many stalls there selling souvenirs and food now! Things change, I should know and it should be towards the better!
At the jetty in Lumut...


Ferries to Pulau Pangkor or Pangkor island...









Pangkor Island...














Comments