Play With the Sun!

Some stories don't have to be long to be entertaining. Take for instance this story about a boy who wants the moon for a toy. His irate parents manage to give him one with the aid of a pail of water. I wonder where this story of the boy who gets to play with the reflection of the moon originated. I used to think that it was a Chinese story but I am not so sure now. It is the same thing with stories like Cinderella. It is a popular Western story but I remember very clearly that there was an old Chinese story which I have read somewhere with a similar plot; only thing was there was no Fairy Godmother and that magical feeling that goes with it. Wherever their sources are though, good stories are good stories. While we are at the story of the boy who wants the moon to play with, with imagination now, we don't really need the pail of water at all. You will get what I mean if you'd have a look at the photos that Ming Keat e-mailed to me...

Sunny Pics!



Comments

Liudmila said…
I've seen these photos a few time ago, but had not an idea to bound them with an interestiong story.
footiam said…
I hope you like the story!