Merdeka Day Delight

31 August 2008, It's Merdeka Day or Independence Day in Malaysia and I woke up late. My handphone rang suddenly and at the other end was Yak Sin calling from Kuala Lumpur. We had a long chat and Yak Sin told me of his recent trip to Patong Beach in Phuket, one of the sites of the 2004 tsunami. Later, Chin Heng appeared at the doorstep with a special friend. Together, we went to Taiping Central, the latest shopping complex in town. Taiping Central is located just next to Tesco along Jalan Istana and Chin Heng had read in the local daily about its grand opening. There was a already a big crowd there and we were lucky to be able to get a seat at Noodle Station where I had fried Tom Yam rice for brunch... It's nice when people you know call...

At Taiping Central...



...an art competition in progress...

At Noodle Station...

Chin Heng...

...and friend...
. ..Tom Yam Noodle...
...Tom Yam fried rice...

Comments

Ely said…
reminds me of a CHinese restaurant near our office called Tom Yang.
footiam said…
There are many nice restaurants in your country. I like to stroll in the shopping complex, Robinson; Lots of nice food there;
Liudmila said…
I don't know but I'm tired from the commercial centers in the last time. I remember when I saw them for the first time in Finland and than in Turin, it was something beautiful and even marvellous. But now I think they are equal all over the world...
footiam said…
I do think they are the same everywhere. I think the best place is still home!