Finger Yoga!



Above is a B.K.S Iyengar 1938 newsreel from YouTube. Haven't heard of B.K.S Iyengar or else known as Belur Krishnamachar Sundararaja Iyengar , the founder of Iyengar Yoga, a form of yoga which makes use of props, such as belts and blocks, as aids in performing asanas (postures); at least not until Liudmila of Lazy Yogi sent me a link to the newsreel. One would probably be awed by the video and would have problems performing the difficult asanas. Fret not though! The librarian in my hometown has given me a flyer on what I call, Finger Yoga! Practise the postures below at your own convenience; like when you are watching TV or waiting for a bus; and they are suppose to benefit different parts of your body! Life is beautiful in that there is an alternative!

Finger Yoga!



Comments

Liudmila said…
Oh, Footiam, this is really great thing! You know surely that it' a very powerful medicine. I tyed to find good and valuable stuff about mudras but unfortunatelly there are only 2 authors that write about it here and they practically don't give important information. I wrote about it a little in my post but i could never find good explained theory to learn this art. Could you write more from your culture about the basic knowledges of mudra healing? I understand it's difficult, but at least something, some translations... It's so incredibly interesting and important -and efficient!!!
footiam said…
Frankly, Liudmila, I don't know much about the subject. Many people here are too caught up with the modern hectic lifestyle of going to work and coming home to rest, me included. I have been to a Yoga class once but only for a short period and I don't think I learn much and the finger yoga that I talk about: a lady librarian just gave me the flyer without much explanation except that they are supposed to be good for this part of the body and that - And the art I think should be learned in India like in Varanasi...
Liudmila said…
What a pitty... I thought, it's from Chinese medicine. I look for the informations for many times and I even asked about it one friend-blogger from India, but she could say nothing. Maybe I have to ask Debasis too. Seems he is interested in alternative medicine.

I teached to use mudras of emergence to my mother and the mother of my friend, and my mother told me, they saved her different times in the situations when she felt bad and there were not doctors nearby.

Mudras are very powerful and effective, but it's necessary to understand at least the bases of the use...
footiam said…
From China, there are acupuncture, guasa, tai chi and many other things that sometimes Chinese themselves find weird!