A Traveller's Tale: Up Another Hill

When I went to Sungai Petani, Kedah in March this year, I was fortunate enough to meet Ong who drove Aw and me to Gurun. We went to the foot of Gunung Jerai, formerly Kedah Peak which rises some 1380metres above sea level. Gunung Jerai is a hill resort which I have been dreaming of visiting for ages. I have heard of it but never, never have the opportunity to be there until then. So, it was with much delight that I walked up the tarred road with the two guys, drinking in the greenery. There were purple flowers to feast the eyes on and the fruit trees in the orchard were bearing fruits! Indeed, that was heaven! Heaven as some people say, is really a place on earth!

For a tale up a hill, check out http://steptpg.blogspot.com/2008/04/travellers-tale-quiet-respite.html

Wild Flowers...

Jackfruits...
Jering... and the king of fruits, the durian...

Comments

Liudmila said…
Niam-niam-niam... is it possible to eat all this beauty???
footiam said…
The flower is inedible but the rest are edible fruits. The spiky one is called durian, the king of fruits!