I would, I would

Dedicating this to Cheng Guan...

It seems like yesterday but years have passed and Cheng Guan, that quiet boy with very few words has blossomed into a young man and he is getting married and in fact, has just got married today! Quiet as he is, one would expect him to have few friends but you would be surprised - He has many friends from his school days and I remember those days when they would go out together to have fun and would often spent late nights together playing cards. He has many friends, that's what I thought but on his big day, many of them could not turn up; some stay just too far away, some have job commitments and some, well, I am not sure why. Perhaps, this is life... while wine grows better with age, the same could not be said about friends. Some people find new friends and place more importance on new people while other would stay put with their old ones, appreciating them as they learn to take them warts and all. As I sit wondering now about Cheng Guan's friends, I wish they are of the latter type. I wonder too if Cheng Guan would be disappointed. As a bridegroom, I would. As a friend, I would. The worst thing about it all is sometimes, disappointment breeds contempt.

The venue: Lee Ong Hoo in Pokok Assam, Taiping...


Friends...


The bride and bridegroom..


...taking centre stage...



...Calling it a night...

Comments

Liudmila said…
I see, the persons don't think about colours of the clothes more. White for the girl specially. But the men too.

Interesting for me are the colours in Italy. If you see many persons clothed in black before a church, it meens... no, it means they are for somebodies marriage here.
footiam said…
Black and white for the Chinese, used to be reserved for the funeral. Red is the auspicious color but these days, people think black and white are smart. I wonder if colors matters.
Anonymous said…
I wasn't there...
footiam said…
You dissapoint!