Bowled over!

When some youngsters asked me to go bowling at the bowling arcade in Taiping, I gladly obliged. Youngsters nowadays don't play kites, tops, marbles, water pistols or any of those traditional games. During those good old days, children often created their own games using whatever resources there were. Children those days were really easily bowled over. With a little imagination, discarded things like bottle caps, cigarettes boxes, rubber bands and even rubber seeds could generate untold fun. A game at the bowling arcade costs RM 6, which is very cheap even by Malaysian standard. I remember my brother making toy guns and swords out of wood when he was in school and there was a specially designed sword modeled after the broken sword of Shaw's mega hit movie One Armed Swordsman starring Jimmy Wang Yu, the Chinese heartthrob of yesteryears, which no one except himself could touch! That perhaps was the most expensive toy he ever had and the cost probably did not come to a dollar! One probably do not need much to be bowled over!

Getting ready to be bowled over!



Bowled!

Comments

Ely said…
wow! to be honest, i never played bowling before. Been to a bowling alley many times, but never tried to play...
footiam said…
It's just rolling the ball, no big deal. It's the company that's fun!
Liudmila said…
And I prefere bowling online. It was a game site once where I played regularly. And became so brave to be successful every time I played.
footiam said…
Ah! You are like many young people I know! They like online games!