Food for you!

A few weeks ago, I was at Sungai Petani, a small town up north. I took a bus and at the bus stand, I stopped for a plate of wantan noodles and a glass of blended red means topped with Milo, the latter, I suppose, the town was famous for. Later, towards the evening, Ong and I went out for tea and I had Tom Yam and the former had Loh mee. At night, after watching Jacky Chan and Jet Li in action in Forbidden Kingdom, we went for supper. Ong had wantan noodle and I had Sungai Petani's quaint curry mee. Since I would off for several days to Miri, I have all these South East Asian food laid out for your viewing pleasure... If you forget the oil and the cholesterol, food are a delight. They tease your tastebuds and nourishes! By the way, mee is the local word for noodles.


Here I stopped for my wanton noodle and blended red beans topped with Milo...




Towards evening, we had Loh mee...



Tom yam noodles...


and for supper, we had curry mee...


and wanton noodles...


Eat to your delight!

Comments

SheR. said…
ah... you're so evil!!! All that food for you!!?? That's unfair!!! I want!
Liudmila said…
Mmmmm..... Ah....mmmmm....
A-a-a-ahhh....
ChampDog said…
Sungai Petani, my second home. :) I think the food is also cheap there as compared to Penang.
Ely said…
ahhh Loh Mee. That must be the origin of the Lumi here in the Philippines, or maybe the other way around?
footiam said…
Oh! Sher, I have more food coming! Yes, yes, I am the Devil himself!

Liumila, you are going to go aahh..ahh again soon. Want to post more food from Borneo. I just come back from there.

Champdog, so, your second home is Sungai Petani. Make Taiping the third. Food is cheap here too and not too bad if you are not fussy.

Ely, I think some of the food in Phillipines are Chinese food. When I was there, I was surprised to find so many fast food chain and some offering chinese dumplings and fried rice etc. I wanted to try local food but the fast food chain looks so inviting that I ended up there instead. I regretted not eating at the food court in Robinsons; When I walked throught the food court there, I thought wow, they look so tasty. But one thing I wouldn't try though; the eggs with the little chick inside it. Do you eat that? Is it delicious?
Liudmila said…
And I thought you were in the places of the earthquack to help those persons...
footiam said…
Miri is in Sarawak; part of Borneo and a part of Malaysia. Visited a friend there. No, I am not in Sichuan bt if people ask me to, I would. And talking about Sichuan, I have yet to post more stories on that! Do visit http://dragondescendants.blogspot.com!
Ely said…
yes i tried eating that a couple of times. We call it "balut". The first time i tried it was 10 years ago. I had one again last summer with friends and it's yummy. It looks nasty but i liked the taste. It's not something that we eat everyday though.

Yes, there are a lot of Chinese people here that's why we have lots of Chinese foods and restaurants too.
footiam said…
How does it taste like, Ely? Anywhere near KFC?