A Traveller's Tale: Las Vegas of Malaysia

Imagine a city of entertainment in the middle of a dense, tropical forest! A teenaged Malay girl expressed her surprise in finding so much entertainment and excitement in Genting Highlands, the resort founded by the late Tan Sri Lim Goh Tong at the peak of a mountain within the Titiwangsa Range, that I started to feel lucky to be invited by Mr. How for a trip to this Las Vegas of Malaysia. At a concession price of RM 70 with transport provided from Taiping for an overnight stay with lunch and dinner provided and all the indoor and outdoor games you could play and a gem exhibition thrown in, it was dirt cheap and one'd probably give his or her head to be one of the invited guests! Sometimes, people needed to be jolted before they know how lucky they are!

For more of tales on traveling, visit Travel Pangs!

A road cutting through the tropical forest..



The world's largest hotel, First World Hotel which has a total of 6,118 rooms...

Outdoor theme park for the young and young at heart....







Comments

Liudmila said…
We need always more and more entertainment from day to day. And nothing makes us happy for long time. If you go in these places for 2-3-4 time, you don't like it more...

One girl writes how unhappy she is because she has an illness that makes her suffer when it represents. In her stories, she tells and shows photos of places that even middle-income person will never could alow, even think about visiting it once in the life or buy something like this. If he/she could, he/she could be extra-happy and would remember it for all remained life.
But the girl is very unhappy...
footiam said…
Entertainment is intoxicating. I guess we should not indulge in anything that is intoxicating lest we forget ourselves. It doesn't have to be liquor that is intoxicating, don't you think. And I do think, if we go to a certain places too many times, we'd get bored. And the worst thing is, we get bored with people too. This, we can say is a tragedy! It's sad to hear about the unhappy girl. Who in the world can help an unhappy persone, I wonder...
Liudmila said…
I like what you say, Footiam. It's really so. Maybe buddhists are right, we exagerate the qualities of what we see -good or bad- and this makes us suffer.

Yesterday an other "unhappy" girl found me and I had to be psychoterapist for this other extra-rich, completly healthy this time fortunately. I'm like honey for them, where they find me? At least they paid me for my time and patience... And you know, I'm really BORED from their unhappyness. Why don't you go to clean asses of old persons as others do, I asked her at least, you would appreciate you actual boyfriend and your life.
And she remained offended.

I know, I'm not right. They suffer really. Maybe they had to go to live in Tibet for a year... But I...
footiam said…
Oh! You are a psychoterapist! Are you really paid for your time and patience? Oh, you lucky! Anyway, the unhappy girl most probably is immature. Sometimes, these people piss me off! Always whining and complaining! You are kind to give her your time. I wish I am that kind! And I would propose they go to India!
Liudmila said…
IF I would paid! I had not to write stupid posts with publicity for 5 dollars.
Imagine, a year ago I spent 6 month to listen to one like these every day sometimes for many hours a day. She cryed and I could not sent her ... very far. Because nobody wanted to listen to her more and she was suffering so much!!!! ... After this I could not more and said her my messenger is broken. The girl find time to go round all possible forums then, to tell everybody how bad I am... With all conseguenses. Had I go behind her and explain to everybody I'm not a cammel? No. I didn't.
footiam said…
Never mind her. Life is too short to waste time on someone like that!