Binge on Booze




Just the other day, I read that a woman went on a booze binge and paid with her life! The woman, a visitor from China, was alone at Dong Guan Entertainment Group Pub in North Bridge Road, Singapore. First, she downed an entire jug of beer. Then she finished off all 750ml of a bottle of Cordon Bleu brandy in half an hour. Employees of the pub urged her to stop drinking but she insisted that she could still drink. She became very drunk, threw up in a toilet and slumped on a sofa. A waiter had to send her home in a cab. She started to throw up again in the cab and was pale, foaming at the mouth and nose and not breathing when they arrived at the place she was staying. The waiter sent her to the hospital where she was pronounced dead because of alcohol poisoning. Her mind must have had poison even before she went on the binge.

Comments

2sweetnsaxy said…
Wow. How horrible! :-(
footiam said…
The lady or the booze?
Anonymous said…
Ten men must have stood her
up so she downed all the
booze by herself. What a
waste (the lady, not the
booze).

Hey thanks for dropping by
my blogrebel blog.
Thank you for adding me as a friend on blogcatalog :) btw I liked your blog. Good Job.
Angie.
Cosmetics And Perfumes
Liudmila said…
As for me, as a fatalist I think that she became what she had and wanted to become. By the way these cases are relatively often.
footiam said…
Blogista, Yes, it's a waste. The lady. She could make the world a lot merrier!
footiam said…
Comestics and perfumes, Thank you you too. do visit often!
footiam said…
Liudmila, it's a shame really. She can choose to become something nicer. There are many alcoholics around but this is one case where I heard that someone drink until she died. Death normally come slowly!
Liudmila said…
You are not habitual to see and hear about drinked persons. You are happy. I was not so happy in my life. I've seen and heard much more from this stories.

Is it a shame? I don't know. Everybody has own Path. You don't know why she did what she did. Maybe it was the most simple way to forget. And may be that what she wanted to forget was a thing with value zero.

Life is not so direct, I think.
Ely said…
alcohol poisoning? never heard of it before. poor lady.
footiam said…
Liudmila,Over here, during happy occasions like wedding, people drink too. I am not a drinker, I suppose and neither is anyone at home. Most of the time, we abuse the drink. If taken the right way and in moderation, I thought they are suppose to be good for health.Anyway, there are people who try to escape problems through drinks and worse still, drugs. I would prefer them to escape through religion but often, these people will also be a problem then when they become fanatics!
footiam said…
Ely, Me too. Read that in the papers. So be warned!
Liudmila said…
Maybe the truth is that when a person has a great problem in the heart and is psychologically not hard enough (as most of us, because we are too feeble), the person is a potential bomb. It can explose herself -as in this case, or damage who happens nearby.

... and it's the most deep reason why I'm here and not in my own country...
footiam said…
So much for God's creation! Beer is today's forbidden apple!