A Tale of Two Cakes


What do you think of these two cakes? My niece asked me when I came home one day.
Mmm... not bad, I said, but they are a bit vulgar, not fit for a bakery. Definitely, not eligible for sale!
And why are you baking these for? I continued, oblivious of the Chinese characters there that read, Happy Birthday. As far as I know, no one at home, was celebrating anything, let alone birthday.
Oh, I just want to practise my baking skills
, My niece then replied.

Her younger sister who manages N & G Art Gallery,then walked in.
Oh What lovely cakes! She exclaimed.

Since the two cakes were baked for no special occasion, the latter had then requested that they be given to her. She would give the boisterous youngsters at N& G Art Gallery a treat. And in this way then, the two cakes had brought much joy and delight to some unsuspecting youngsters.
Cakes can do wonders, don't you think?

Comments

Liudmila said…
Oh,Footiam, you are terrible!!!!!!!
You had to say "I,I,I have a birthday!!! Give me these beautiful torts!" take them in a very separate far room with good tea and EAT them!
footiam said…
Thank goodness, my niece is very sweet nature. She has been since a child.
footiam said…
Thanks for the message, Omar. Do come often!