Hello, Dollies!

Hello, Dolly! No, no! Hello, Dollies and move over, Barbie! When I visited my nephew in Kuala Lumpur last December, one of the best experience was to meet hundreds of dolls, all dolled up and dressed in their best! Barbie dolls are expensive and some collector items, I heard, come to millions of dollars. The dolls I met may cost very, very much less but they are just as valuable to their owners. These dolls, I am talking about, are all ordinary dolls dressed up to work; their jobs are to attract passerby to a shop specializing in diamond rings in Timesquare and did they do their job well! They succeeded to attract a crowd of admirers to stop by and at least notice the shop. That goes to tell that all of us that dressing up attracts!

Hello, Dolly...




Hello, Dollies...



Comments

constant drama said…
Stop stop, wait! There was a Barbie convention in KL last Dec (2007 right?). How do I not know bout this?
Anonymous said…
So many barbie dolls !
footiam said…
Constant,Oh! I call these working dolls! Are really all Barbies? And you are right, it is December 2007 but I just walked into it. Not well publicized this, I suppose.
footiam said…
Posted just for you! Welcome!