Star Struck!

Nālandā, an ancient university in India which in Sanskrit, means giver of knowledge, was sacked by Muslim armies under Bakhtiyar Khilji in1193. Today, its ruins attract tourists and Buddhist pilgrims from all over the world. When I visited Nalanda just this December, there was an additional attraction. A Hong Kong star was shooting a documentary there. Some of us, being star struck, unashamedly went over to Daniel Chan Hiu Tung, who had first appeared in a popular film Hu Du Men, to have a chat and have a photo taken. The star who had won a New Performer Award in the film, was visibly tired but was obliging. Sometimes, I wonder why people just go ga-ga over a star. It would be a happier world if people just turn around and look at the next person standing near but then the next person is not alway so obliging, is he?


Shooting in Nalanda...






Posing with a Star...


Comments

Anonymous said…
He looks so tired~
Keli said…
That was very nice of your star to be obliging when exhausted. I saw a star a few months ago, Jaclyn Smith, one of the original Charlie's Angels, but in her case, I think she wanted to be acknowledged. I stopped and told her how beautiful she looked, and she couldn't have been happier. We talked for a while and took pictures and I think she truly enjoyed herself!
footiam said…
He works so hard, so he is tired la, Sean.
footiam said…
Oh! Charlie's Angel! I have always liked Jaclyn Smith and Farrah Fawcett. I think Jaclyn Smith is the most beautiful of the three and I would be loss for words if I happen to bump into her. You are so lucky! (Like me, ha, ha!)
babyfiona said…
aiya, u got to take picture with him *SOB*
footiam said…
With Daniel, Oh! Sometimes, I kena lottery la. Someday, it will be your turn!