Respect The Older Folks


Once in Seremban, Malaysia, an elderly couple was found brutally murdered with their mouths gagged and hands and feet tied up. They were robbed. The 63-year old woman was found with her mouth stuffed with uncooked rice while her husband, a 75-year old, had his mouth stuffed with pieces of cloth. Their hands and legs were also tied up.This sad piece of news perhaps will make you wonder: What has happened to our world? Have we forgotten that we are human beings? Have money and other material things become more important than the lives of our fellow human beings ? Asians are usually proud of their passed down values from their ancestors and where goes now this value I wonder - Respect for the older folks. Can someone tell?

Comments

Liudmila said…
It was always and it will be always.This world is made in this way. Everybody has his/her own way. In my life was so, that the persons that did bad received this bad back. I don't say it with joy. There is nothing good in this.

But I think, there is tooo much negativity, negative energy today. And the Teachers say so too. I think we have to do everything possible to change this situation. With our blogs too.
footiam said…
I do agree with you that we can use our blogs to help. That's why, I am greening up one of my blogs, http://dragondescendants.blogspot.com and elsewhere, I may include post on cruelties to animals, to raise awareness of this problem, especially at stepping out, http://biology-footiam.blogspot.com etc. We just try our best, right!
Keli said…
There are desperate, malicious people out there, that's for certain. But I believe there are more good than bad. This makes it especially important for the good to keep very high thoughts to crowd out the bad. I agree with the previous comment - we must be very positive and make sure we always do the right things.
Keli said…
Your site looks very nice!
footiam said…
I think so too. There are many more good people around. That's why this world is beautiful.
footiam said…
Thanks! It has a love theme. Pick one from my blogroll, Free Templates