A Meme for Me


The first time I saw the word meme was in BlogCatalog. The second time of course was in Mr. Grudge's blog. Mr. Grudge had tagged me as well as Kristyn of Kristyn Writes, and Elaine of Elaine's Place for a meme.The former had himself been tagged by Lisa McGlaun who blogged at Lifeprints and now, I am trying to help keep this meme going. I figure then I have to tag others and now, I could only think of Liudmila of Lazy Yogi, German John of Darwin City News Blog and a long time friend, Sean of Lifelong Pinky. Maybe, I invite Champdog along.

By the way, Meme is a term coined by Richard Dawkins in his book The Selfish Gene. It refers to any cultural entity (such as a song, an idea or a religion) that an observer might consider a replicator. Whatever that means!

Anyway, this meme which came to my hands is called "What is the personality of your computer?" I have to take a snapshot of my computer desktop, and then try to cast some light about my hidden personality.

Well, you can see my desktop now. Pretty messy, right. You may think I am a messy person but I am not. I am just the type who like to have my working tools ready on my table. I can't imagine clicking twice or even thrice to retrieve something when I can just click once. And don't think I am impatient too because I am not. I am only impatient when there is a good reason to and sometimes, I do feel people need to be kicked on the butt. Some people are sometimes very irresponsible and insensitive and I hate that in a friend especially. Oh, the picture is not so sharp too, isn't it? I am using my niece's camera and I am not very familiar with it but I would like to get this post out today specially for Mr. Grudge, lest he bears a grudge. Just kidding here, Mike. Have nothing better to say! Have a good day! I can really hide my personality behind my desktop!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh I have my own desktop as well. YOu coud visit my site! And seacrh for mine. Just click me~
footiam said…
Have clicked, Xerendipity! Thanks for the invitation.
Hi footiam,
Great desktop. I am happy to have tagged you. Nice articel, and now I know the origin of the word "meme." Thank you.
Anonymous said…
I really like this meme, it's cool to sort of follow it around and see everyone's desktops and what those desktops mean about them. If you think your desktop is messy, you should spy my husband's laptop. His desktop is fairly new, so it lacks the time and effort involved in truly making a messy, icon riddled desktop. But, his laptop is an utter mess. Tons of files, it's wide screen so a ton fit. When I asked him why they were all over he said, "So I can get them of course." :)

Glad to see your desktop! Personally I think the Eagle is lovely!
footiam said…
Thanks Mr Grudge for tagging me in the first place. It pushed me to look up the meaning of meme. And thanks too Kristyn.I can understand your husband. I like to get the things I want to, and fast!
Mark Antony said…
Hi footiam,

I never thought that my dektop may well say something about my personality! I think I'm catching you up on the number of icons!
footiam said…
Many things tell us about ourselves, I suppose. Our blogs too!
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said…
I did the meme! Do check it out here :)