Heavenly Houses

The Mark Hotel on East 77th Street in New York is converting several floors into private residences and once ready, the penthouse apartment, overlooking Manhattan's posh Upper East Side, will be on the market for the princely sum of $150 million! The most expensive apartment currently listed in New York is a $70 million unit at the The Pierre Hotel. The three-story, 30,000-square-foot apartment has 26-foot-high ceilings, a library with fireplace, a gym and a spacious terrace with a rooftop pavilion. The news prompted me to scrutinize the houses in the neighborhood. Verdict: Some people are just happy to have a roof above their heads.










Comments

Anonymous said…
ya know...everything is relative..
most of us aspire to bigger and better things but food on the table and shoes for the kids is what we have to deal with...I'm one of the lucky ones...as are you I'm sure, but please don't
belittle those of us that aren't, you are kidding aren't you?

mauniejames


mauniejames
footiam said…
I don't go around belittling others. It's just not me.
Liudmila said…
I'm maybe more happy as others: I don't need wc-pad of gold -it's not the main thing in the process. My sofa has to be comfortable if I have it, if no, I feel good in other place. I think, the great house coudn't make me more happy if I'm not. Maybe for some days.

I have a friend, she is very reach. But not happy and depressed. She was always laughing when she was poor...
footiam said…
Liudmila, that's what I mean when I say some people are happy just to have a roof above the head. It's more important to be happy.