Good Treatment


A foreign recruitment agency was reported to have locked up fifteen female Indonesian workers in an apartment. The workers were fed rice mixed with salt for breakfast and rice with rotten vegetables for dinner for a month.Come to think of it, our pets are sometimes treated better than our fellow human beings. Our dogs at least get to eat their dog food and our cats their cat food . The cats especially get the freedom to roam around the house. It's a wonder sometimes that people can love their dogs and cats more than a fellow human.
Who do you love more, your pets or your neighbours?

Comments

Liudmila said…
Sincerely I don't love my neighbours. And I love animals. From the first day I live here, my neighbours didn't other as bad to me. They don't want me here only because I'm the wife of my husband and I don't do what they want I do. To do bad to my husband.
So I prefere to stay alown as to look for love with my neighbours.

In all my life animals did never something bad to me only for the pleasure to do bad to me. It could happen but they wanted to protect themselves.
That is why I prefere to stay with animals.
footiam said…
I do feel that we don't have to love the neighbors especially if they don't deserve it. We don't have to hate them too even if the deserve it. I think we can just have this feeling of equanimity. Neither love or hate for them. Same too to animals. If we love them, love them without attachment. Love them with equanimity.