Project Detox



Sean had posted in his blog his special diet to detox himself! Detoxification here means he was trying to get rid of the toxins in his body. When I first laid eyes on his food, I thought Oh! What’s that piece of meat doing there? I had the notion that detoxification diets actually consist of a vegetarian diet which does not only provide fiber to ease the emptying of the bowels, but the vegetables do also contain vitamins and enzymes to feed and nourish the human organs. Meat, on the other hand, is so difficult to digest and needs many enzymes to aid its digestion. So, what’s that piece of meat doing there? Oh, I realized later that the meat was taken after the detox session for what I think was his recovering session. Prior to that for 36 hours, I understand he had been fasting. Some people would just take vegetables, fruits or herbs. Now, I was thinking after all the hardship of getting rid of the toxins, isn’t he putting it back now? The juicy corn there would probably raise further question. I remember that corns are smaller in size and are harder to chew on when I was a child. The corns today are of a different breed and the corn on Sean’s plate actually reminded me about the chemicals they are spraying on the greenies. In that case, he’d probably put in more toxins into his body than taking them out. Oh, enough said. Maybe, I should embark on my own detox project – Mind detox!

Comments

Liudmila said…
Sincerely,I don't believe in all these "detox" stories. As I can't believe persons do good for their health when they run everydays the same streets with great traffic of autos.

Said this, I think, good tea with lemon is the best detoxic cure. And when I want something more powerful, I drink herbs (in spring and in autumn).
footiam said…
It's a nice idea though, this detox thing. What herbs do you drink, Liudmila. Do you cook it with chicken for example, like some Chinese Herbs?
Barbara said…
Hi

I just added your link to my sidebar that can be found in the section called The Quill Is Mightier. I wouldn't mind some mind detox myself or maybe toxic remover to spray on those people that are just toxic to you. I just eat what I like and don't even think about detoxing.

Oh in case you're interested I decided to do a post today about the places where I'm signed up to get paid to blog so stop by and check that out. I'm pretty new to it but I've made some money and don't want to use up a ton of space on here giving my opinions.

Toodles!

Barbara
footiam said…
Thanks Barb. Will check in!
Liudmila said…
No, I don't. I do tees with herbs I buy in by herborist.
What herbs? birch,Cynara are good for detoxication and for purification, there are many others. I mix them (better is to drink a mix) and prepare 150-200 ml of boiling water with 1 spoon of herbs.In this way more or less.
footiam said…
There are many chinese herbs around where we can buy from medical shops here but I don't really know the name.