Flies! Go Fly a Kite!




Guess what? What you see above are flies! I travel out of town to a remote village sometime ago and had stopped on the way, at a little shop. The owner had placed a fly paper on the table and had managed to trap so many flies. I have never seen so many flies in my life and it was quite an experience seeing so many of them swarming the area. I heard that this was the result of a having chicken farm nearby. That really got me thinking. If we can have a housefly farm instead and harvest the flies to sell them as delicacies! You don't require a big space for that you know and you don't have to spend a bundle on their food too; so, that would be very economical, don't you think? Flies do not have much meat, I suppose but then again, if you gather a thousand of them and put them in a plate, that'd probably amount to something. Then, of course, it would put off a lot of people if you ask them to eat flies, but I think you can give them a little bit of time to get used to the idea. Eating chickens, come to think about it, can make you squirm in your seat too, if you think of these silly creatures looking dirty and messy in their feathers and yuks, those scaly ugly feet of theirs that scratches the dirt for worms! If all these fail, then maybe we can come to an option. We can train the flies some acts so that they can appear in a circus. Just enjoy these photos below from the internet. Think about my suggestion and please, don't ask me to go fly a kite! Don't shoo me away for trying to solve the world's food problem!








Comments

Anonymous said…
Those are some very talented flies shown in your pictures! I'm afraid I enjoy seeing flies on fly paper, but you do have some good suggestions!
footiam said…
Thanks Keli. Well... there must be some way to boost food production!
Majik2903 said…
I don't think that flies have enough protein to be consumed as food. But I must say, those pictures of very talented flies was quite funny!
footiam said…
If they taste nice, people will eat them!
Anonymous said…
Nice!
footiam said…
Thanks, daily Spirit!