A Traveller's Tale: Kuala Sepetang's Night Market

The night market in Kuala Sepetang like all other night markets elsewhere in Malaysia always bustle with activities. It is held on a Saturday night and besides clothes,DVDs, there are many types of food sold here. A friend of mine used to sell cakes and pastries here but had stopped doing business since. In the space where he used to occupy, another young hawker was selling cakes. The cakes were very attractive and reminded me of the more expensive varieties from Secret Recipe. After a hearty dinner, Hoi Thien left with her family and friends while Mau Wei, Eng Lai, Mr. How and I took to a stroll in the night market. Eng Lai sprang us a surprise when he bought us some quaint ice creams. As I have said, I like surprises. Most of the time, they are always a joy! And thanks Eng Lai for the ice creams even though they are damn cheap! It is the thought that counts!

                                         2


At Kuala Sepetang's night market...




A hawker selling cakes...







Some quaint icecreams in an ice cream making machine...





Comments

Liudmila said…
And when they use to sleep?

What an interesting ice cream maker! In Italy they use to sell ice with lemon or other sirup. Have to make some photos in summer.
footiam said…
It's the first time that I see the ice cream maker. I heard it could found in Thailand and Singapore too. Thailand is just a short distance away from here and I haven't seen the ice cream maker there even though I have been there a number of times but Thailand is always full of surprises. It's really a fun place!
footiam said…
By the way, Liudmila, the night market ends before midnight; so the people sleep like normal people.
Liudmila said…
In Italy people use to have night time life. I mean not discoteques but entire families go out late in the evening (about midnight) for a walk, an ice-cream, a magazine...

I think it's understandable because it is too hot in the daytime here and the persons sleep in the afternoon.
footiam said…
That's nice! It reminds me of the Japanese who have picnics under Cherry blossom trees but that must be in the morning and the Chinese who carry lanterns at night during the lantern festivals. I suppose human beings everywhere are the same; they know how to enjoy life!